However, in today’s world full of digital clutter, it can be difficult to determine which tools and technologies you should actually be investing in. While a laundry list of features can certainly help you understand what a particular product does, as a business owner, you’re probably most concerned with how those benefits will affect your bottom line (and if that impact over time is worth the investment now).
So, to actually quantify the benefits of using Microsoft 365 Enterprise on Microsoft Surface devices, Forrester Consulting recently conducted a Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) study. The goal of the study was to examine the potential return on investment (ROI) that organizations may realize after implementing this hardware and software together.
To provide an accurate and comprehensive understanding of this potential ROI, Forrester interviewed and surveyed industry analysts, Microsoft stakeholders, and hundreds of customers across seven countries currently using Microsoft 365 on Surface. Here are a few key takeaways from the study so you can maximize your own ROI from Microsoft 365 Enterprise with Microsoft Surface, too.
Key Financial Takeaways
Let’s get right down to it. What you’re probably most interested in here is the financial impact that using Microsoft Surface devices powered by Microsoft 365 Enterprise can have on your organization. Organizations that leverage these tools have, on average, the following three-year financial impact:
- $21.06 million in benefits vs. costs of $9.93 million, which resulted in a;
- Net present value (NPV) of $11.13 million and;
- ROI of 112%.
The study also found that the payback period of an investment in Microsoft 365 Enterprise on Surface devices is 16 months. This is the period of time required to recoup the initial cost of the investment—the “break even” point. Once you’ve reached this point, your investment will actually become profitable.
How Using Microsoft 365 on Surface Devices Adds Value to Your Business
Microsoft 365 is a powerful and valuable tool on its own—but this software was specifically designed to be used on Surface hardware. Therefore, when used together as intended, its business advantages are amplified. Here are a few key benefits you’ll experience through this investment.
Enhanced Collaboration and Creativity
- When using Microsoft 365 Enterprise on a Surface device, employees more than doubled productivity when it comes to communication, information sharing, and business workflows compared to using the software on a different piece of hardware.
- Employees gained nearly five hours in productive time each week by using Microsoft 365 on Surface.
- 80% of customers surveyed believe using Microsoft Surface and Microsoft 365 together helped them be more creative in their job.
- Using the creative features and capabilities of Surface and Microsoft 365 together (such as Pen, 3D in PowerPoint, and Microsoft Teams), employees saved an average of 27 minutes per day on creative tasks and processes.
- Organizations were able to effectively eliminate many of the inefficiencies that often hinder teamwork—saving employees over three hours each week on tasks and processes that require collaboration.
- Decision making by senior leadership happened 21% faster when using Microsoft 365 Enterprise with Microsoft Surface, compared to only 18% when using it on other devices.
Time and Cost Savings
- Organizations were able to reduce the overhead costs associated with product development by 11% thanks to the task prioritization, research and development (R&D) collaboration, and improved data management and analytics capabilities that Microsoft 365 on Surface offers.
- IT saved 2.5 hours per application provisioning request and 25+ minutes configuring each Surface device compared to other devices.
- After pairing Microsoft 365 with Surface devices, many organizations surveyed no longer had the need for many of the third-party technologies and devices they were previously using—eliminating their continuous use and IT support costs.
Improved Security and Reliability
- By leveraging the two-factor authentication, advanced threat analytics, and Surface Enterprise Management Mode (SEMM) provided by Microsoft 365 and Surface, organizations experienced 50% fewer security breaches annually.
- With 50% fewer breaches, security breach remediation costs were also reduced by 80%.
- Thanks to the self-service capabilities from EMS to administer password resets, the volume of help desk calls for password resets were reduced by over 86%.
Microsoft 365 on Surface Devices: Your Key to a Satisfied Staff
By boosting productivity, streamlining inefficiencies, fostering stronger communication, and enabling secure business mobility, Microsoft 365 on Surface can transform the way you do business. However, these benefits don’t just affect your bottom line and day-to-day business activities—they affect your people, too.
Your people are the core of your organization. Without them, it would be incredibly difficult to deliver on client expectations and keep your business moving forward. Therefore, you need happy, engaged, and loyal employees to bring in revenue and continue growing.
So, here are three key stats from the study that prove just how big of an impact using Microsoft 365 on Surface devices will have on your employees:
- 76% of survey respondents claim this investment improved employee retention in their organization—helping them save on costly turnover expenses.
- 75% believe it increased employee satisfaction—enabling them to keep the top talent they need.
- 71% think that using Microsoft 365 and Surface helped to position their organization as a top employer—a key to attracting top future employees
The Bottom Line
Effective leaders are constantly looking for tools that will transform their workplace for better collaboration, productivity, and creativity. Today’s IT executives want to ensure those tools are secure and reliable. Modern employees want to be engaged, satisfied, and able to work remotely and while they’re on-the-go. Microsoft 365 Enterprise with Microsoft Surface checks off all of these boxes!
Are you already a Microsoft 365 Enterprise on Surface user looking to further maximize your ROI? Are you not leveraging these valuable tools yet, but ready to get started implementing them in your business? Reach out to the experts at Protected Trust today to learn how you can make the most of your investment in Microsoft.
If you are looking for someone who lives on the leading edge of technology innovation, Ingram Leedy has a unique ability to predict the future digital trends.
As CEO of Protected Trust, he is helping business leaders see the world in new ways by connecting people and technology to achieve more.
Before people knew what it meant to be online, he connected people to the Internet with Florida's first internet provider, iThink.
And at the age of 8, he was writing software for a new medium of communication called computer bulletin board services. The idea was to help exchange messages before email.
His parents never really knew what he was doing – it was something with computers.Let's Connect on LinkedIn