On October 2, 2019, Microsoft announced its Surface for business line-up is expanding with the introduction of three new devices: Surface Pro 7 for Business, Surface Laptop 3 for Business, and Surface Pro X for Business.
This new line of Surface devices is available for order just in time for the holiday season, and was designed to help every modern professional and organization achieve their greatest potential through simplified yet powerful technology.
Want to know more? Here is a breakdown of some of the key benefits of using Surface for business, as well as the latest features and capabilities of each new Surface device entering the market.
The Benefits of Using Surface for Business
Since they were introduced, Surface devices have been known for their versatile, light, and flexible designs that empower people to work in whatever way works best for them—no matter what location they happen to be working from.
There are many key features of Surface devices that make them ideal for business use. Some of the major benefits of utilizing Surface devices in your organization include:
- Enhanced data security
- Secure business mobility through Surface devices with LTE
- Simplified business collaboration
- Improved mobility, access to necessary files and business apps, and communication for remote employees
Meet the Newest Surface for Business Devices on the Block
Say hello to the newest members of the Microsoft Surface family of devices!
The latest edition of the Surface Pro, Microsoft’s classic, ultra-light, and versatile 2-in-1 tablet and laptop, is now even more adaptable to the ways you and your modern employees work. The Surface Pro 7 for business is an all-in-one laptop, tablet, and portable studio that delivers over two times faster performance than its predecessor, the Surface Pro 6. The Surface Pro 7 for Business:
- Includes the latest 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processors
- Connects to displays, docking stations, and more with both USB-C™ and USB-A ports
- Features up to 10.5 hours of battery life (based on typical Surface device usage)
- Starts at $749
The new Surface Laptop 3 is the perfect everyday Surface device. Now available in two sizes and various aesthetic options, it’s twice as fast without losing its slim, sleek design.
Some of the Surface Laptop 3’s most exciting new features include improved front-facing cameras, OmniSonic speakers, and dual far-field Studio Mics. This allows you to experience crystal clear sound and audio whether you’re in a business meeting, listening to music, or watching videos.
The new Surface device also offers a more comfortable typing experience with a full 1.33mm key travel and 20% larger glass trackpad. Plus, for the first time ever, it allows you to maintain control of your sensitive information with a removable SSD enabling data retention. The Surface Laptop 3 also:
- Includes the latest 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processors
- Features up to 10.5 hours of battery life (based on typical Surface device usage) with fast charging that brings it to an 80% charge in just about an hour
- Includes both USB-A and USB-C ports
- Now comes in two sizes, 13.5” or the new 15”, with boasts a larger screen for industry-leading integrated graphics performance
- Now comes available in two size and display options: 13.5” or the new 15” PixelSense™ Display
- Now comes available in new eye-catching color options, including Sandstone and Cobalt
- Now comes available in two durable keyboard finishes: warm tone-on-tone Alcantara® fabric or cool aluminum all-metal finish
- Starts at $999 for the 13” model and $1,199 for the 15” model
At 5.33mm and 1.68 pounds, the new Surface Pro X for Business is the thinnest, lightest, and most mobile Surface device ever created. With lightning-fast built-in LTE, you can work the way you like from any location, resulting in unmatched business mobility.
It includes the new Microsoft SQ1 processor co-designed with Qualcomm, which pushes two teraflops of graphics processing power—making it the fastest Qualcomm processor ever created for a PC. The new model starts at $999.
The Surface Pro X’s sleek design also features:
- 33% thinner bezels
- A brilliant 13” touchscreen
- Two USB-C™ ports
- A new Slim Pen that charges and stores securely in the Signature Keyboard
At Protected Trust, our vision of a modern digital workplace is built on an ecosystem of Microsoft software and hardware. We carry out this vision by making technology simple, not a hassle. This enables you and your employees to achieve their greatest potential from anywhere on the planet!
If you’re ready to make the most out of Microsoft tools in your business, reach out to us today! We can help you determine which Surface devices will meet your needs, provide tips and resources for a smooth implementation, and get you setup to preorder the latest Surface devices through our online store.
If you are looking for someone who lives on the leading edge of technology innovation, Ingram Leedy has a unique ability to predict the future digital trends.
As CEO of Protected Trust, he is helping business leaders see the world in new ways by connecting people and technology to achieve more.
Before people knew what it meant to be online, he connected people to the Internet with Florida's first internet provider, iThink.
And at the age of 8, he was writing software for a new medium of communication called computer bulletin board services. The idea was to help exchange messages before email.
His parents never really knew what he was doing – it was something with computers.Let's Connect on LinkedIn